Party Wall Surveyors

As Chartered Building Surveyors and Chartered Valuation Surveyors in Shrewsbury, Silk Sharples Jennings can provide professional advice on a wide range of property related matters. We are highly experienced in the stipulations of the Party Wall Act and its implications to property owners and developers.

According to the legal requirements of The Party Wall Act 1996, property owners who are planning to alter their property in such a way that it affects a party wall – e.g. by cutting into it, building upon it or near it – need to serve Notice to the adjoining property owner. This applies to residential and commercial owners who are thinking of extensions, extending the property near to boundaries and also new development close to adjoining properties.

Silk Sharples Jennings have extensive professional experience of surveying all property types, and can offer expert advice on all party wall related matters. If a Party Wall is required, we have the expertise in helping draw up the necessary Party Wall Notices and Awards and making sure the work is done properly and with minimal disruption to neighbours.

Our experience and involvement starts in the design and planning phase, which will help prevent the occurrence of problems later on in the building project and safeguard proper building works in full compliance with the Party Wall Act.

The Party Wall Act may require surveyors to be appointed to act for the property owner and the adjoining owner with regard to any building matters on the boundary or near it. As a property owner carrying out building works, there are issues that can arise in the vicinity of a party wall, adjoining building or boundary line – not just with the party wall itself. Often, the potential impact on surrounding ground and foundations as a consequence of the proposed works also need to be taken into account.

The entire process can be fraught with difficulties, which is why it is essential to use the expert services of an experienced party wall surveyor to protect your interests. Acting without professional assistance may lead to potentially excessive and unnecessary expense and liability that can easily be avoided.

Contact SSJ Surveyors

For valuable professional advice on Party Wall Notices, Party Wall Awards, Party Wall Surveys or any other party wall related matter, please don’t hesitate to call Silk Sharples Jennings on 01743 461777 or send us a brief enquiry via our Contact Us page.

Get A Quote

Get A Quote

Please get in touch using the form below